CAROL D. JACKSON
Carol was born in Michigan and raised in the Pacific Northwest. She attended University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho, graduating with a BS in Business in 1980. She attended University of Idaho College of Law and Ohio State University College of Law, graduating in 1983. She is a member of and has held office in Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity.
After graduating and passing the Ohio Bar, Carol worked in Columbus, Ohio, as counsel in the corporate and credit fields until 1985, when she moved to Texas. She practiced as an associate with William T. Deane & Associates until 1988, when she started her own solo firm practice which concentrated on creditor’s rights, landlord tenant, municipal and school law until 1994.
Carol moved to Indiana and joined the firm of Hand Wilk & Hand in 1995, where she has since practiced. In addition to practicing with Wilk and Hand, Carol serves as corporate counsel for two corporations in which she is a co-owner.
Carol and her husband enjoy water sports with their children, all of whom are grown.
Areas of Practice
- Contracts and Commercial Law
- Landlord Tenant/Real Estate Law
- Creditor’s Rights Law, including Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Ohio, 1983
- Indiana, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas, 1986
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Indiana, 1995
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, Idaho
- J.D. – 1983
- University of Idaho College of Business & Economics
- B.S. – 1980