Enforcement of Orders Attorney – Child Support, Maintenance & Visitation Orders

Serving Northwest Indiana – Lake County & Porter County Indiana

Once the court has issued the final divorce decree, both parties are bound to adhere to it. While either party can petition the court for a change, or modification if the circumstances dictate – neither side can ignore the order without consequences.

If you are involved in dispute with your spouse over child support, spousal maintenance, marital property division, visitation or any other issue stated in your divorce decree, contact attorney Karl E. Hand at the Law Office of Karl E. Hand, P.C. in Schererville. Attorney Hand can help you manage any issue that may have emerged following your divorce.

Contempt Proceedings & Enforcement Proceedings in Indiana

Common enforcement issues that sometimes emerge following divorce include:

  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to provide visitation
  • Failure to timely return a child to a custodial parent after visitation
  • Failure to pay maintenance
  • Failure to distribute marital property

If your spouse has not followed through on any portion of your divorce decree and/or settlement agreement, attorney Hand can file a contempt of court motion. The court may then issue a written order that your ex-spouse must follow.

Lawyers For Child Support Enforcement In Northwest Indiana

To speak with an Indiana enforcement lawyer, contact Law Office of Karl E. Hand, P.C. –  Small Firm Service, Big Results: Call (219) 924-2640, or contact us by e-mail to schedule a no-charge consultation with an attorney at our law office. We are always available via e-mail and cell phone.